Domiciliary Dental Care, dentist home visit, providing dental assessments and dental treatment at homes, hospital or even offices.
We understand the difficulties involved with bringing the elderly to the surgery for an examination and hygiene maintenance. After caring for many elderly patients we appreciate that family members go through a lot of pressure to try and do what is right for their parents, grandparents or other family members.
We are experienced in dealing with special needs and geriatric dentistry, and so offer our services to come to the nursing home to provide dental work which can be done out of our surgeries. If more extensive or complicated work is required, we will advise family members.
Domiciliary treatments Available:
- Dental Check up.
- Dental emergency service and urgent toothache treatment.
- Teeth cleaning (removal of tartar and teeth polishing) with specially selected rotary instruments for mobile dentistry.
- Denture repairs, additions, cleaning and alterations.
- New Dentures. Our cutting edge mouth scanning device eliminates the need for dental impression taking when making a new denture or to repair an old denture. This is a great solution for gagging patients, Alzheimer patients with poor cooperation or patients that are frail.
- Small tooth fillings.
- Crown and Bridge recementation.
- Teeth whitening.
- Prescriptions for dental abscess, gum infection, oral thrush infections and pain killers.
Treatment goals for the elderly or disabled are different to those who are young, and care must be modified accordingly. Minimal intervention and self preservation are keys to providing effective dental treatment for those who can not look after themselves.
We will come to your private residence, office or assisted living facility to provide gentle mobile dental care.
We can also arrange for a private ambulance to bring you to our practice if you prefer.
Our mobile dental service will provide a full service to:
-Patients who have had trouble receiving dental care due to a health or mobility issue.
-Patients with Dementia and Alzheimer's and in need of dental care.
-Patients whose demanding schedules prevent them from visiting a dental practice .