Tooth Moved Out of Position
A Few Quick Tips
- This is an emergency and needs immediate care by a dentist as soon as possible.
- Try to move the teeth gently back to their original postion.
- Close the mouth with a peice of gauze, clean hankerchief or napkin between the upper and lower front teeth.
- Visit your dentist or an emergency service as soon as possible. The first few hours are critical!
- Attend follow-up apointments to monitor teeth
- Maintain good oral hygiene. Gently brush the injured tooth or use a moist cotton swab to keep injured site clean.
- Children who are still actively growing are more likely to have problms from dental trauma.