Dementia awareness among dentistry is becoming increasingly important. Therefore, we as a surgery have decided to take the necessary steps to work towards being a dementia friendly practice.
We are doing this by:
- Joining the Alzheimers Societies Dementia Awareness programme - Meaning we are Dementia Friends
- We have conducted an audit to look for any shortcomings in the way we run our practice
- We have an action plan to move foward
- We are looking into joining Worthings Dementia Action Alliance
- We have had recent training in how dementia affects people
- We will continue to update on how we have improved our practice to aid people with dementia and their carers/family members feel more comfortable while they are with us.